Sunday, September 25, 2016

Day 1 - Auckland to Brisbane

Fun relaxing day after our arrival in warm & sunny Brisbane.

Our bus dropped us at the Riverside Market (quite little, but on the river). Plenty of time to wander the walkways, enjoy the Botanical Gardens, or walk up to the CBD.

The cloud cover made for a very muggy day, so I hope everyone took it easy. At present we're on the highway now heading north to the Novotel Twin Rivers. The traffic heading south to Brisbane is very heavy. 

I'm looking forward to a swim, so I hope that the Polar bears are out of the pool.

One tale I did forget to share happened in Auckland, in fact at the Novotel. Two of my ladies got locked into the stairwell. They were coming up to visit me last night & didn't realise that their 6th floor swipe card wouldn't give them entry to the 8th floor. One of these ladies does have arrack record of being locked in. (My lips are sealed).

7pm local time. Made it to the resort before dark. Cicadas, birds - everything squawking, must be the sub tropics. Photos tomorrow.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment